Information on Cabinets
Cabinets are all about storage
If there is one thing that you need plenty of in a kitchen or bathroom it's storage. A lack of storage or poorly designed storage can make your experience in either room less pleasing. If you are looking at re-doing either a kitchen or bathroom new cabinets will have a major impact. Not only will new cabinets increase the astethics of the room you may finally be able to find what you are looking for finally!
You have a number of considerations when it comes to choosing cabinets:
- Are you happy with the amount of storage you have but not the cabinet appearance? You could consider simply re-facing your cabinets.
- Custom or Stock cabinets - custom cabinets are obviously more money but they allow you to make full use of your available space. Stock cabinets actually come in a fairly large number of sizes and colors so don't dispair if you are on a budget.
- Consider the cabinet material that you want to have your cabinets made from. Wood, laminates, particle board, etc... they all have their advantages and disadvanteges
- Special storage needs - take a look around - what do you really need to store and how? Today's cabinets offer very specialized storage options. Want an under sink garbage and recycling bins too? No problem. Make a list of what you need and then start doing research with cabinet makers.
- Do you need more drawers for storage or cabinets?
- The hardware of you cabinets will have a dramatic impact on your cabinets appearance. Choose wisely.
- Do you want a traditional or a more modern look? Carefully consider your style options - there are many.
Before you finalize on what you want consider talking to a professional cabinet maker or installer. Years in the trade teach some important lessons. You can request free estimates online if you would like.