Kitchen and Bath Installation Information
Installation of Kitchen and Bath
A kitchen or bathroom remodel is not to be tackled lightly. Many a visitor to our site has expressed with great sadness that they made a regretable mistake that they are forced to live with. It's part of life, if you don't have experience you will likely make a few mistakes. It is a good idea to get several estimates by a professional before you make a decision to "tackle it yourself" or not. After all you can quickly request estimates online with qualified contractors for free.
When it comes to remodeling your kitchen or bathroom remember to keep in mind:
- Remember that everything takes longer than you think it will - plan for it.
- You can save yourself money by tearing out the old before having a contractor put in the new.
- When you receive appliances, cabinets, etc... make sure to inspect them. When they first arrive is an easier time to send it back then after it has been installed.
- Many homeowners can do any painting needed themselves and can again save on their budget.
- When it comes to a kitchen remodel cabinets typically are the single largest expense sometimes accounting for as much as 50% of the total cost.
- If you are re-facing cabinets be sure to measure each door as in the past (particularly the 30-40 years ago most cabinet doors were custom built. That means you might have large differences in the size of your doors.
- Don't forget that the hardware - cabinet handles, faucets, etc... can make a huge difference in your bathroom or kitchen appearance. Spending a little extra here will be well worth the cost.